It happens to the best of them…Maria has had a potty training relapse. Months ago she was eagerly peeing in the toilet or in her little pink frog potty chair, dumping the contents into the toilet…taking control of her body and her bodily functions. But somehow…the thrill is gone. Perhaps she traded in her interest for alphabet recognition…fair trade. I resurrected a potty sticker chart, and I’m less than amused to report that my 4 1/2 year old Tony received 3 address label stickers that day. I showed Maria her ‘big girl underwear’. She insisted on putting all 3 pairs on at once and peed in them about 30 minutes later. The boys are tired of seeing her naked. Nudity used to help, but ended with me cleaning up after her like the puppy we’ll never have. Maybe I should try M & Ms….I could use the chocolate. My boys had to be 3 years old. I know I can ride this out. It’s not like I don’t have the literature…or haven’t had to cover the topic repeatedly in classes or trainings, my head gets it. But, my emotions cannot ride this wild horse called ‘Rebellion’….they have been bucked off and tossed aside like the damp princess pull-up I almost just stepped on. Alas, This too shall pass… One day somebody else will tell her it’s ‘not cool’ to wear diapers….and she’ll listen. I declare she will be the last living creature I shall potty train***
Congratulations to Jeff Johnson who inadvertently named my new blog! There were lots of good ideas for sure, thanks for that. I thought I’d go with this one for several reasons:
1. It made me laugh.
2. It suggests an inflated self concept. Which in hindsight, I’ve had both a deflated and an inflated sense of self….both are troublesome. Maybe it’s easier to let a little air out rather than breathe life into something. Yes…like the kiddie pool out back…I’m much more fun fully inflated.
3. It has my name in it.
4. It omits the word ‘mommy’. There are a slew of mommy blogs out there. I will never forget that I am a mommy. I will never let you forget that I am a mommy. Maybe I want to write about something else…eventually.
5. I can always blame Jeff if this blog bombs.
Now a list of what you will see and what you will NOT see on my blog.
1. Recycled Facebook posts. Considering my original name for this blog was going to be TheMommyBlogIDon’tHaveTimetoWrite you should act so surprised.
2. Funny pictures of adorable children or vice versa.
3. Sarcasm mixed with sincerity
Will Not See
1. Pictures of poop or kids on the potty. Yeah….trust me…I’ve learned my lesson.
2. Anything political. The election is now over.
3. Anything sports related. Unless I say, “While I write my husband cheers on the Bears game in the next room”
Hey…anything else is fair game.
Gotta Love It!